Geeta Arya College of Education
Jai--Jaiwanti, Julana, District Jind Haryana-126101
Approved By National Council for Teacher Education, Delhi
Affiliated to Ch Ranbir Singh University, Jind, Haryana (College Code:1326)
© Copyright 2018, Geeta Arya College of Education, All rights reserved
Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and counselling conducted by M.DU, KUK, CDLU, Sirsa, Ch. Ranbir Singh University, Jind
Standards for Secondary Teacher Education Programme/B.Ed.
· The secondary teacher education programme, commonly known as B.Ed., is meant for preparing teachers for secondary/senior secondary schools.
Duration and Intake
· The B.Ed. programme is a regular course of Two years duration.
· unit of 100 students approved by NCTE.
· Candidates with at least 50% marks in the Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree with at least two school subjects at the graduation level are eligible for admission.
· Admissions are made by University, through Online counselling conducted by the University.
· Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC, Handicapped, Women, etc. is as per policy of the University/State Government.
· Every teacher trainee is required to undergo internship-in-teaching (including practice teaching and skill development) for at least 40 days in nearby secondary/senior secondary schools or as per the protest provision directed by N.C.T.E./State University.
· Apart from teaching of foundation courses, there is provision for methodology of teaching two out of fifteen school subjects at the secondary level (Regional Language/Mother Tongue, English, Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences), or discipline-specific subjects at the senior secondary level (Physics, Mathematics, Biology, History, Economics, Commerce etc.)
· Teachers are so distributed as to ensure the required nature and level of expertise for teaching methodology courses and foundation courses.
· For teaching subjects such as physical education, art, work experience, information technology literacy, etc., regular instructors are available.